Have you ever thought “working at in.cube8r would be so cool, and i’d be the perfect addition to the team“?
We’re taking expressions of interests and may contact you when we have a spot to fill.
* Did we photoshop harry into that photo? Yes, yes we did (he started after it was taken) and there’s room for you too!
In.cube8r is a truly unique and creative business that’s been championing Aussie artists since 2007! We work with makers of wonderful things and help them grow their little businesses and sell their work. We operate like a market, except we’re open 7 days a week and artists don’t need to come to work in their stall every day!
Artists simply rent a cube (a shelf, rack, display wall or cube) and stock it with their products, and we do the rest! What’s the rest? We manage the stores, staff them, manage our e-commerce website which has our thousands of products listed on it for online sale, drive traffic to the stores via marketing endeavours & run workshops, do mentoring and provide market feedback to our cubers about their products in the store!
We pride ourselves in being
- LGBTQIA+ Friendly & inclusive
- Neurodivergent & disability friendly
- Open minded and open-hearted
- Creative & Crafty
- Changemakers – we’re creating something special here at in.cube8r!
ABOUT THE POSITION
We’re looking for a retail wizard to join our team.
As one of our team members, your daily responsibilities will involve three key areas, retail , cuber care (like customer service), and marketing / admin (online and offline)
- Opening and closing the store at Melbourne Central or Fitzroy
- Processing eftpos and cash transactions at Point of Sale
- Helping customers find gifts & wrapping presents
- Cleaning the store & keeping displays tidy
You’ll be (eventually) working in the store on your own (besides busy periods like Christmas) and ever day will be different, we guarantee it!
- Updating cuber records, liaising with cubers & answering questions about becoming / being a cuber
- Approving products, checking for errors and curating gift guides
At in.cube8r, the cubers are our main priority! We’re here to make their experience as enjoyable as possible and help them learn tips and tricks along the way
- Editing / proofreading cuber submissions for errors & publishing blog content
- Creating social media content promoting products, cubers & in.cube8r
- Assisting in administrative tasks as needed
You’re looking for a place you can be yourself, where no 2 days are the same, working with a collaborative team. You get excited working with artists, understand how to assist customers in ways that delights them, and like to roll up your sleeves when it comes to getting things right.
Note, you will get training on how to use our tech systems. It’s not difficult, and you have a team who have your back that can also answer any questions you have.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to think on your feet – every day is different at in.cube8r
- Creative thinking & analytical skills
- Reliable with good time-management skills
- Experience in retail, or transferable skills (for example, experience at markets / conventions)
- Flexibility in thinking – we’re in a moment of growth so things are changing constantly
- Good technical skills – you’ll be working under the hood!
- Great interpersonal skills – you’ll be talking to a lot of people from all walks of life every day
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the form below & we will be in touch in a few weeks to let you know the outcome of your application. We’re excited to hear from you!